AMAZON WEB SERVICES COURSE CURRICULUM
The Course Cloud Computing with Amazon Web Services is intended for individuals who are Freshers and experience learning and designing distributed applications and websites on the AWS Platform using various services.
In this course we will start with a broad overview of the AWS platform and then deep dive into the individual elements of the AWS platform. You will explore VPC, Route53, IAM, EC2, S3, Cloud Front, Autoscaling, Load Balancing, RDS, RedShift, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, Elastic Beanstalk, CloudTrail, Trusted Advisor, SQS, SWF, Lambda, SNS, DynamoDB, Glacier, EFS, Elastic Transcoder, Kinesis, Direct Connect, Snowmobile, API Gateway.
AMAZON WEB SERVICE TRAINING COURSE CONTENT
Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Introduction to Cloud Computing
- Why Cloud Computing?
- Benefits of Cloud Computing
- Public Cloud, Private Cloud, Hybrid Cloud
- Service Models (IAAS, PAAS, SAAS)
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Introduction to AWS
- Elastic computing.
- Introduction to the AWS products.
- Regions and Availability Zones.
- Signing up for AWS.
- AWS Free usage tier.
- Introduction AWS management console.
- Take a digital tour of an AWS Data Center.
EC2 Compute Service
- EC2 Introduction
- Spinning Windows/Linux servers in EC2
- Connecting to Instances using RDP, MobaXTerm, Putty
- EC2 Vertical Scaling Overview and Scale UP and Scale Down Servers
- Security Group Basics and Implementing Security for Real Time Environments.
- Understanding Block Level Storage using EBS.
- Configuring SSD/HDD/Magnetic Storage for Windows and Linux Servers
- Implementing Scaling for EBS Storage.
- Configuring VOLUME-SNAPSHOT-VOLUME Process
- Automating Backups for Instances using Snapshots
- Understanding AMI and Its Features
- Creating AMI for Windows/Linux Servers.
- Configuring INSTANCE-AMI-INSTANCE Lifecycle
- Real time use case for Boot Strapping for EC2 Instances
Amazon Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
- Introduction to VPC
- IPv4 Addressing Scheme
- Public and Private IP’s
- Understanding Subnetting
- Elastic IP’s
- Basic VPC configuration
- Implementing Private/Public subnets in VPC
- VPC security
- Inbound and outbound ACL’s
- Deep Dive in to VPC core concepts (Route Tables, Subnets, Internet Gateway)
- Building Custom VPC Network Topology for Real Time Environments
- Implementing NAT (Network Address Translation) in VPC
- Implementing VPN for Connecting VPC resources securely.
ELB (Elastic Load Balancer)
- Introduction to ELB.
- Implementing HA using Load Balancer for Websites.
- Understanding ELB Load Distribution using Round Robin Algorithm.
- Understanding Health Checks.
- Configuring Advanced VPC and Cross Zone Load Balancing
- Adding and removing instances on ELB
Simple Notification Service (SNS)
- Introduction to SNS.
- Creating topics and Evaluating ARNs.
- Subscribing using Various Protocols.
- Publishing Notifications using SNS.
- Integrating SNS Topics with CloudWatch and Autoscaling Services.
- Introduction of AWS Monitoring
- Understanding Virtualization
- Making a Status Check Failed Incident manually
- CloudWatch Basic and Detailed Monitoring and Its Features.
- Implementing Real Time monitoring by Integrating with SNS.
- Understanding CloudWatch Logs and Metrics.
- Creating Alarms and Its Actions.
- Configuring Dashboards for Organization Architectures.
Relational Database Service (RDS)
- Introduction to Relational Databases.
- Creating Relational Databases in RDS.
- Connecting to RDS Database Instances using SQLYog.
- Installing a WordPress APP using RDS Database.
- Automating Backups and Patching for Various Database Engines.
- Creating Redundant and Fault Tolerant Databases.
- Implementing Read Replicas for Read Heave databases.
- RDS Resilient Architecture using Point in Time Recovery.
- Configuring Event Notifications for Database Instances.
- Understanding Parameter, Option, and Subnet Groups.
- Understanding Horizontal vs. Vertical scaling.
- Understanding Auto Scaling.
- Create a launch configuration.
- Create an Auto Scaling group.
- Understanding Various Scaling Types (Dynamic, Scheduled, Step, Target Tracking Scaling Policies).
- Setting up an auto-scaled, load-balanced Application using Autoscaling.
- Introduction of Domain Name System.
- Buying Domain names at Domain Registrars.
- Creating Zones on Route53.
- Creating Route53 Records (Address, CNAME, Alias).
- Creating Health Checks in Route53.
- Understanding routing policies provided by AWS.
- Simple Routing Policy and its Implementation.
- Weighted Routing Policy and its Implementation.
- Latency Routing Policy and its Implementation.
- Failover Routing Policy and its Implementation.
- Geolocation Routing Policy and its Implementation.
- Routing Policies Use cases and When to use Which Policy.
S3 (Simple Storage Service)
- Introduction to AWS Object Storage.
- Creating S3 Buckets and Uploading Data in to it.
- S3 durability and redundancy.
- Various S3 Storage Types (Standard, Infrequent, One Zone)
- Configuring S3 Versioning, Logging, Encryption.
- Hosting a Static Website on S3.
- Implementing Lifecycle and replication for S3 Buckets.
- Understanding S3 Analytics, Metrics and Inventory.
- Introduction to Content Delivery Network (CDNs).
- Understanding AWS EDGE Network Locations.
- Understanding CloudFront Distributions and Origins.
- Implementing CDN for Websites using CloudFront.
- Going through CloudFront Reports and Analytics.
- CloudFront Security for S3 buckets using OAI (Origin Access Identity).
- Configuring origins and behaviors.
Identity access management (IAM)
- Introduction of IAM Service.
- Creating Users and Groups.
- Grant Least Privilege.
- Configuring a Strong Password Policy for your Users.
- Enabling MFA for Privileged Users.
- Granting permissions using IAM Policies.
- Creating Custom Policies and Associating to Users and Groups.
- Understanding Roles.
- IAM Access Credentials and its usages.
- AWS CLI.
- Understanding DevOps tools of AWS.
- Automation by Elastic Beanstalk.
- Creating an Application Environment using EB.
- Application versioning and Deploying.
- Clean up of EB Environment.
- Introduction to Cloud Formation
- Understanding Stacks and Cloud Former Tool.
- Automating a Ruby on Rails Application using Cloud Formation.
- Clean up of Cloud formation Environment.
- Creating custom Templates using Cloud Former Tool.
- Understanding NOSQL Databases.
- Creating a DynamoDB table with Sample Data.
- Understanding RCU and WCU of DynamoDB Tables.
- Understanding Throttling in DynamoDB.
- Creating Alarms in DynamoDB.
- Introduction to Glacier Storage.
- Creating Vaults.
- Uploading data to Vaults.
- Key differences between S3 and Glacier.
- Introduction to Audit logging by CloudTrail.
- Creating Trials.
- Storing Trial logs in S3 Buckets.
- Introduction to Trusted Advisor.
- Understanding Cost Optimization Tab.
- Understanding Performance Tab.
- Understanding Security Tab.
- Understanding Fault Tolerance Tab.
- Understanding Service Limits Tab.
Elastic File System
- Introduction to EFS.
- Creating EFS and mounting on Linux Servers.
AWS Application Services for Certifications
- AWS Config
- AWS Config Rules
- Introduction of Lambda.
- Implementing a sample script and executing by Lambda.
- AWS Direct Connect.
- AWS Snowmobile.
- Redshift Overview.
AWS Cost Controlling Strategies
- Introduction to AWS Pricing.
- Understanding AWS Pricing Models (On Demand, Reserved, Spot).
- Best Practices for Cost Optimization.
AWS Well Architect Framework
- Introduction to Well Architected Framework.
- Security Pillar.
- Reliability Pillar.
- Performance Efficiency Pillar.
- Cost Optimization Pillar.
- Operational Excellence Pillar.
- List of AWS Certifications.
- Enrolling for AWS Certification.
- AWS Practice Exam.
- Tips and Tricks for Cracking the Exams.
- Going through the sample questions and implementing tricks on live session.
REAL TIME PROJECTS
PROJECT 1: Hosting a Static HTML website on S3.
We are hosting a html website on S3 bucket using static website hosting option on S3 and point the S3 bucket endpoint to a domain name using Route53.
PROJECT 2: Hosting a JAVA website 3 TIER website using Spot Instances.
We are hosting a java website on ELB, EC2 Spot Instances, and RDS.
We will use ELB as Web TIER and Spot Instances as APP Tier which hosts the application which we will deploy on Tomcat. And we will integrate JAVA app with RDS for DB TIER with Multi AZ enabled.
PROJECT 3: Hosting a WordPress Website as Redundant and Fault Tolerant using Multi Region Architecture.
We are hosting a WordPress website on AWS using ELB, Route53 Latency Routing Policy, EC2, and RDS Multi AZ.
We will host the website on two regions, so that if one region is fully down still our customers can be able to access the website without any downtime.